LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Pomodoro

Believe it or not, I don't eat dinner out much unless I'm traveling.
So when the invitation to have dinner with my boss and my football and Rotary buddy Wendell came up, I said YES!

We went to Pomodoro in Kalaheo for Italian food.

I think the last time I had veal piccata was 30 years ago at Matteo's in Honolulu.
This experience was very tasty.
At first, I thought there was an over abundance of sauce - but that bit of indulgence was greatly appreciated by my son who gobbled up my doggie bag as soon as I got home!


When I found cannoli was available for dessert, we went for it. After all, it is one of the prime Godfather directives: "Leave the gun, take the cannoli".
The plating was impressive, the sauce was again, very abundant.
The pastry was crunchy, I should have gotten a hint when it was served with a steak knife.
But we hacked it up and enjoyed the sweet cheese and chocolate!






Thanks for the great business dinner, Wendell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home