LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Last Day in Kiwi Land

 
It's Tuesday morning in Auckland. Some of my friends are ready to leave our lovely home away from home. I enjoyed my last "big breakfast" in the dining room before heading out on an adventure.

 
I took the city bus into downtown Auckland for the first time and found the ferry to Devonport. It was a short trip and I did not get seasick!

 
Devonport is a charming place with historic homes and buildings and many years of meaning to the NZ Navy. On the way back, we saw some of the fantastic racing yachts - a great part of the "City of Sails".
I need to pack up and hit the sack now. I wake up at 1:30 am to prepare to catch my 4:45am plane for Sydney and the long flight back to Hawaii. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time up-over in NZ! And, you even had some time to look around a bit. The area looks beautiful with older buildings/architecture!

Summer in NZ must be kind of warm.

February 3, 2009 at 3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi wafan!
The weather here is comparable to Kauai- just a bit cooler at night. Same daytime temps and humidity. The air is clean and fresh as well!

I'm at a Samsung kiosk at the Auckland Airport.

February 3, 2009 at 4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That breakfast wasn't big, it was humongous! Did you skip lunch and dinner? haha

Glad you had a good time down under.

February 3, 2009 at 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am guessing Anonymous is really Liz in disguise. Kind of sneaky!

You must be almost home by now.

Looking foward to seeing more photos and hearing the stories.

February 3, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home