LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going Solar

OK. SO today was my solar education day.
A few days ago I talked to my friend Ed. He's a whiz at anything having to do with technology and energy.
He let me drive his Prius.
I bought a Prius.

We talked about solar and photovoltaics years ago- when he went off the grid. And we continued the conversation today.
I ordered a Solar Water heater from they guy that Ed recommended. Hey, he's the only one who called me back too!
Then we talked about saving energy and thinking green.

My next gadget will be a Kill-A-Watt and I will be checking on my actual power usage in order to determine how many pv panels I need to load on my roof.

Then we checked the dishwasher that has been out of order for the last 6 mos. The Sears guy said nothing was wrong with the machine, it wasn't getting any power. I haven't been able to get an electrician to come and check it in 6 months. So while Ed was here, #2 son pulled the dishwasher out. DUH. The GFI plug needed to be reset.

OMG...

Oh well, check off one more mission accomplished.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Liz!

July 20, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home