LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Bullous Pemphigoid

Yuck.
It started in Florida as little red dots.
Friday morning, my legs were itchy. I thought I might be having an allergic reaction to shellfish.
Saturday night after the UH football game with Weber State, I had blisters on both legs. I went to the ER as soon as I got home on Sunday.
Today I went to a scheduled dermatologist appointment (who woulda guessed!) and he took a biopsy and prescribed an antibiotic and Vitamin B. He thinks it may be Bullous Pemphigoid.

Now I will be the one wearing slinky dresses to  football games- and everywhere else- just to keep my legs intact.

No pictures. it's too gross.
Old age is catching me up!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I heard the term so I googled it. Pretty gross! I hope it clears up in a matter of days and you can enjoy your vacation without worrying about it.

Good luck!

September 9, 2008 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Tombo Ahi said...

get well soon, liz!

September 9, 2008 at 5:12 AM  
Blogger Lizkauai said...

Hope it is only an allergy to shellfish... BP is chronic and there is nor cure- just treatment of symptoms...

No laughing at my slinky long dresses ;-)

September 9, 2008 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger jase0517 said...

I had to Google it too. Mainly to make sure it isn't contagious. :-P

I hope it's nothing too serious, and that you soon get better.

September 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Lizkauai said...

Yah- My main concern was being contagious. Dr. said no. If it was- I would have stayed home and sent the OSU tickets up with a friend. Can't risk making people sick- esp. my granddaughter!

September 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home