LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Center of the Universe

When I was little, I thought I was the center of the universe. I think we all do.
When I was 17, I looked at the stars and tried to project myself to the furthest realms imaginable and from that vantage point look back at myself on the earth.
I couldn't see myself.
At that moment, I felt connected to God and realized Baha'u'llah was right.



"How all-encompassing are the wonders of His boundless grace! Behold how they have pervaded the whole of creation. Such is their virtue that not a single atom in the entire universe can be found which doth not declare the evidences of His might, which doth not glorify His holy Name, or is not expressive of the effulgent light of His unity. So perfect and comprehensive is His creation that no mind nor heart, however keen or pure, can ever grasp the nature of the most insignificant of His creatures;..."
(Baha'u'llah: Gleanings, p. 62)



Verily I say, the creation of God embraceth worlds besides this world, and creatures apart from these creatures.
(Baha'u'llah: Gleanings, p. 152)

Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute.
(Baha'u'llah: Gleanings, p. 163)

http://danapointbahais.org/explore/nature_universe.html


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home