LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Monday, February 9, 2009

ProBowl Memories


Was it 30 years ago that I started asking spouses to take me to the ProBowl? I loved watching the likes of Joe Montana on TV and never got to see him live, in action.

This year, with Cooley, Portis and Sellers coming from the Redskins, I took myself to the ProBowl and enjoyed it with my boss, his wife and fellow Tsai-ko "Mrs. bighilofan2".

We had fantastic seats in row 6 of section JJ (my UH Warrior season tickets were in the nosebleed rows of the same section) - right behind the NFC sideline so I was able to see my favorite players the whole game! (But no autographs this year.)

And for those of you who have never attended an NFL game- it truly is a multi-ring circus with constant entertainment going on for the fans. I relied on my dvr to actually watch the game (bummer that the Dish Network broadcast was very poor with many technical problems...) and look for us in the background shots.

Because we were on the "background" side of the field, there was a nice HD portable jumbotron set up so we could see the action. The opening National Anthem was a real adventure as we spent most of it under cover. And I was truly amazed by the hurry-up setup and breakdown of the halftime show set- complete with amazing portable pyrotechnic devices.

Here is a stroll down my memory lane: http://picasaweb.google.com/LizKauai/2009ProBowl#


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also good that it didn't rain. Had I known you were going to be at the pro bowl, I would have switched the channel to see you in the stands.

February 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Lizkauai said...

gigi- I brought my scary raincoat. It doesn't rain much when I schlep it around the place. When I leave it home- guarantee rain.

February 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Tanner Cooley said...

Thanks for sharing Liz. Send me an email and we'll see what we can do about that ball with no signatures on it!

tanner@chriscooley47.com

February 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Lizkauai said...

Mahalo, Tanner! Hey- my youngest son is a Sagittarius too! He's the one who bought me the Redskins football. ;-)

February 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home