LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Friday, January 1, 2010

WELCOME, 2010!

Start with a vid:


I usually stay home with the pets on New Years Eve but this year, the cats were in the house and appeared to be quite secure and unperturbed by the fireworks outside so I decided to join Byron and his halau ohana for New Years in Kekaha!

It was raining sporadically and pretty chilly so I made a big pot of corn chowder to share.



What a great choice! I had fun playing Yahtzee while the kids busted fireworks and played cards.


The food was sooo ono ono and when it got close to midnight, the Martinellis was served in flutes and it was just like the fancy dressup parties! But waaaay more comfy with good friends having a good time without "getting stupid".


The highlight of the evening was burning the New Years Tree... omg... that was really awesome!





Uncle Doric is a Yahtzee fanatic and we played and played til I fell asleep in my chair! The keiki were up for the big bangs and then played Wii on the big screen into the morning. I came home and crashed on my bed til now!

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous wafan said...

Whoo-hoo! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!!! Yum, chowder on a cool night is the best.

I have never heard of a New Year's Tree. Does it date to the Druids or Celts? Scottish, perhaps? Unreal blaze, too! Whew! You are like me -- no matter where I stand the smoke and ashes drift toward me. HA!

A prosperous and healthy year to you, your family and friends!

January 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Anonymous gigi-hawaii said...

HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU. Looked like fun, but no matter where you are, you seem to find it.

Glad the cats weren't spooked by the explosions.

January 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 2, 2010 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max pas cher
minnesota vikings jerseys
the north face jackets
longchamp handbags
toms shoes
canada goose outlet
uggs sale
coach factory outlet
kate spade outlet
ugg boots uk
2016.12.10chenlixiang

December 9, 2016 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home