LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Up at dawn

One thing about daylight savings time.
Dawn comes a little later.

Today I saw my first dawn in Oregon. It was lovely.
If I were at home, I would be fasting now. But because of the traveling, time zones, dehydration adjustments, I'm trying to get to an equilibrium that will allow me to observe the annual Baha'i Fast.



We crossed the "cathedral bridge" to St. Johns and noticed a plume coming from Mt. St. Helens in the distance. "That happens all the time," my daughter commented.

First stop was for a shiatsu session with Donna - who also happens to be a Baha'i. I was tickled to learn the Baha'i Center was located right down the street and got a good glimpse of it. It reminds me of the houses in Haifa, Israel. That was a warm thought!

Next on the agenda was lunch. Michele said I had to have the best hamburger in Portland. So I tried the Burgerville Tillamook Bacon Buger.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Dee-licious!

Will write more tomorrow. Early to rise- earlier to bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kekoa said...

I feel like you are in your traveling host mode, and I'm enjoying the ride. I'm soaking it all in and find myself asking for more!

Burgers look delectable, but I can't get over the smashing looking stuff in the other photo.

Fred Meyers is Oregon's answer to Wally World. I swear they stock everything in those stores!

How about fish or crabs? Any places that serve raw stuff? My cousin brought a big container of raw crab the other day...wow! I was in heaven for about an hour!

Nitey Nite!

March 12, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home