LizKauai

Personal blog of Liz from Kauai.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend Again


Friday brought a beautiful morning rainbow. On the way home for a Physical Therapy session, I noted how dry the hills are. We need rain.
Phew- I need to rest from my weekend!

Saturday I attended a lovely get-together to remember the wife of one of our special folks where I work.


Afterwards, I rushed back to Kekaha to the wedding reception of our neighbors Shantell and Jr. Wow. The party seemed bigger than the Mokihana Festival! The food was wonderful- and there were lots of things I could eat (on a modified South Beach diet for 2 weeks. No carbs, sugar, lots of protein...).

Today I looked for fish... but in the wrong places. I did get to see the emergency team assist a lady who had had a rather bumpy boat ride though..
On the way home, I discovered the fish were biting at my USUAL spot... the one place I did NOT go to today... argh.

Then I had a quick bite at home and dashed back out on the scooter to catch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince again. This time at our Waimea Theatre. Boy I sure miss eating popcorn during a movie!

Buy my finger-poke numbers are dropping so that's a good thing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous gigi-hawaii said...

Liz, I am so glad your glucose number is dropping. Keep going! My dad beat his diabetes thru diet alone. Never took pills or insulin. But cut his rice consumption by 90%.

August 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM  
Anonymous wafan said...

Whew! Looks like you need a five day weekend and a two day work week. That would be awesome!

Good to hear about your numbers. Nice job!

August 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM  
Anonymous wafan said...

Dang. I forgot about the popcorn. I am not sure I could do your diet.

No popcorn?!?!?! Dang, that is inhumane!

August 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home